A doctor working in Spain is most likely to be female, 44 (or younger) and from Madrid according to a new study published by the OMC (Organizacion Medica Colegial de España).
The study looked into the demographics of doctors working in Spain and revealed the following;
- 50,4% of medical professionals are women
- Cataluña has the highest overall number of working doctors (although Madrid has the highest percentage of working female doctors)
- 62,2% of the total medical workforce under 55 years old are women
- Oncology is the specialist area with the youngest average workforce
- Family Medicine (GP) was the specialist area with most postgrad (MIR) positions available (27% of total) with Pediatrics in second place with 6%