5 Reasons to be an ‘out of hours’ GP in Ireland
An ‘out of hours’ GP is a family doctor that works from a healthcare centre during the evenings and weekends. There are a lot of advantages to working as an ‘out of hours’ GP; here are our top 5!
- Ireland is the second most popular tourist destination in the world according to Tripadvisor, there is plenty to see and do!
- A 40 hour working week with a schedule you can manage in advance allows for a flexible working timetable
- The remuneration is fantastic, between €140.000 and €170.000 a year gross
- GPs only work in a designated area so you see the same patients and become integrated in the community
- Employers want doctors for the long term, minimum one year, although shorter roles are available on request
In Ireland healthcare centres must offer a 24 hour a day service to patients so ‘out of hours’ GPs cover the additional hours to meet this requirement. The centres are public but also see private patients. Doctors see patients at the healthcare centres or at the patients homes,by appointment only, the same as during regular hours.
Visit our JOBS page for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org